Who We Are
Benefits of Yoga
- Strengthens and tones your body
- Full-body, challenging, cardiovascular workout
- Engages core muscles, improves balance
- Lengthens muscle fibers while strengthening them
- Sharpens concentration and focus
- Burns calories while building lean muscle
- Improves flexibility
- Promotes stamina and endurance
- Improves posture
- Reduces stress and tension
- Eliminates toxins
- Creates a better relationship with the body; deepens mind-body harmony
- Creates community
We understand that yoga is a personal practice, and finding the right studio and teaching style is essential.
We offer a diverse collection of yoga asana styles, with a focus on Power Yoga. Power Yoga is a vigorous practice in a heated space that links the breath and movement in the body. Allowing the breath to fuel our practice enables us to target muscle groups, quiet the mind, and energize the Shakti within. We incorporate both traditional and modified versions of ancient postures, and also include elements of meditation into our practice.
Many of our classes are held in a heated space to promote increased flexibility and generate sweat– the body’s natural way of purging toxins and releasing what holds us back, both physically and spiritually. Students of Power Yoga often become dedicated followers. The practice is intense and challenging, and leaves yogis feeling energized, uplifted, and centered.
We also have a beautiful unheated space on the 2nd floor of our studio building. The Shiva Room is an intimate space with incredible natural lighting and a pure, clearing energy. We hold Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, and Ashtanga classes in the Shiva Room.
Just like any home, we have house rules and etiquette to ensure everyone gets the most out of their experience. We hope this can be a place where you feel loved, safe, and capable of growing, with the help of people around you.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before class.
- All students must sign in at the front desk before setting up your mat in the studio.
- Please remove shoes before entering the yoga room.
- Please turn off all cell phones when you enter – absolutely no cell phone use in the studio.
- Keep all personal items outside the yoga room. All valuables should be left at home or locked in your car. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please stay through Savasana at the end of class. It is one of the most important elements of your practice.
- Please do not wear scented perfume, oils, or lotion in the yoga studio.
- Please leave your space the way you found it; wipe up your sweat – it gets slippery!
- No gum or glass in the studio. All containers must be sealed or have a lid.
- Please practice Saucha (proper hygiene): a clean yogi is a happy yogi.
- Be mindful of where you park – please respect our neighbors.
- Try your best to focus on your own body and your own practice. Comparison is the thief of joy; don’t measure yourself by another person’s abilities.
- Our doors are open 30 minutes before and after class (15 minutes before the 6am).
- Showers and locker rooms are open to all students before and after class.
* most site photos courtesy of Madeline Harper Photography