For all levels. Are you interested in Ayurveda but not sure where to start? This two-hour workshop is enlightening and fun, draws on the principle that good health is a balanced connection between mind, body, and spirit. In addition to exploring daily practices that support health and well-being, you learn:
- About the doshas and your unique constitution (prakriti)
- The Ayurvedic approach to nutrition, diet, yoga
- How to cook nourishing and delicious Ayurvedic dishes
- Practical tools to create more balance and harmony in your life
- The benefits of following nature’s rhythms
- How to design a personalized Ayurvedic health plan
- The role of yoga and pranayama (breathing practices) in fostering health and well-being.
- Daily cleansing techniques
- Ayurveda recipes
- Daily balancing routines for your dosha/imbalance
Discover an Ayurvedic approach to treating wellness for what works for you!
Cost: $25 in advance / $30 day-of registration
Bring something to take notes with! Workshop will be held in the Shiva Room
Liz Workman Mead received her Masters at Columbia and has been an educator for fifteen years. While teaching high school History in the inner city of New York, she began leading yoga classes after school and offering alternative dietary affordable diets. Yoga and better nutrition helped her students overcome emotional obstacles and fall in love with their lives again. Thus motivated by her experience, she received certification from Laughing Lotus yoga studio in New York City. She then went on to receive her nutrition degree with Purchase college associated with Integrative Institute for Nutrition and her Ayurveda Wellness degree with the Sevanti Wellness Center. Liz combination of education gives her the perspective to relate to all ages and backgrounds.