Welcome, New Yogis!
Remember, even someone who appears to be advanced in their asana practice stepped onto their mat for the very first time at one point.
Deciding to begin a yoga practice is a choice to change your life. Driving to the studio and choosing to roll out your mat is the hardest part. The rest is breath.
- Hydrate well throughout the day prior to practicing, as well as after. This way, you won't find yourself dehydrated in the middle of class
- Eat light, and allow ample time between eating and practicing. Similar to the rule about not eating right before swimming, give your body less to work on while on your mat
- Please check in at the front desk upon arrival. Give us a chance to say hi, learn your name, and welcome you!
- Bring a mat, mat towel, and water. But if you forget any of these things, we always have them available to rent/purchase
- We pass out cool towels with lavender essential oil to enjoy during savasana. Please leave them with us before you leave :)
Here are a few pro tips that may be helpful on your first few visits to the studio -
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class begins to complete new student paperwork and to receive a proper welcoming to our community.
- Please understand that you may not be allowed into class if you are late.
- The gravel lot next to the studio is a pay lot: Press Shakti and enter coupon code 2017 and parking is $1 for 90 minutes.
- Athletic clothing is recommended – you will sweat!
- If you do not have a yoga mat, your 1st mat & towel rental are on the house, free for 1st timers!
- Enter with an open mind and a peaceful heart
- Flexibility is not a pre-requisite! Just a willing spirit
Please, make yourself at home!